Friday, February 16, 2007

Open Letter to Sen. Eric Oemig on Impeachment Resolution Proposal

Just a bit of background on this posting, I worked with (now State Senator) Eric Oemig at Microsoft and I enjoyed very much working with him. He was a software developer and I was a software tester on three versions of Outlook.

However, I think that he's forsaken the priorities of Washingtonians by proffering this impotent bill to call for the impeachment of President Bush over intelligence failures that led to the war against Saddam Hussein's Iraq. This bill would do absolutely nothing except show the rest of America that Washington State has a bunch of rabid liberals running the three-ring circus (House, Senate and Governor) and have nothing better to do than chip in our two cents worth.

This was my comment to my friend Eric/State Senator Oemig on this foolish proposed resolution. To my utter amazement I, Ken Schram, Nancy Pelosi and several Democrats in the legislature actually agree on something for a change. I think that should give him the wake-up call to get the business of Washington done before getting on his soapbox to appease his MoveOn.org supporters.

Hi Eric,

I am pretty disappointed that you've seen fit to chime in on national politics before addressing the needs of Washingtonians (and I know you'll say "blah, blah, blah democracy"), but if I'm not mistaken, the Congress did vote on giving the president authorization to use force if he felt it was necessary and it was overwhelmingly passed.

As you know, the Clinton administration also thought Saddam (may he rest in pieces) had WMDs as well as the much heralded (on the Left) United Nations. So, could it be that President Bush was also surprised that we did not find massive stockpiles of WMDs in Iraq (indeed some were found, but not nearly in the quantities that were expected)?

I guess I'm not sure what you expect to see happen from this idiotic stunt (sorry, I call them like I see them - and I still count you among my friends), but I think that we really should be working on things that will benefit Washingtonians and less on trying to punish the federal government/administration for intelligence failures that it could not have foreseen.

Do you really think that a resolution passed out of the Soviet of Washington is going to carry much weight with Congress (even though it's now controlled by Democrats)? Speaker Pelosi has already said that Impeachment will not be considered, so how exactly is this helpful to anyone?

Yours,

David Carson
Redmond, WA
Former 45th Legislative District constituent